Hello. I am finally jumping on the blog bandwagon. This will be a combination of family life and my scrappin stuff.
I wish I would have taken pictures last night. It has been a rainy week so the kids and I decided they were going to go camping in our living room and watch movies. We went and rented a few and than sent up a tent of chairs and sheets. Bradie and BJ were so excited they had to call Nana and Papa to share there news. The kids will probably put it back up tonight and than I will definately get some pics.
FROM COACH POTATOE TO 5K
Ok, my friends started on Monday doing this running program so they can run the 5k. I decided I better get my bum up and get going on it. Of course my dear sweat little Brookie wakes me up at 5 am every morning to eat. So I lay in bed from 5:30-6 am thinking, hmm 15 min of excercise or sleep, hmm..... not really tempting to get up but I finally dragged myself out of bed and tiptoed around the tent for my running shoes and walked to the meeting spot.
The first week they are running 4 minutes walking 1 x 3 times. Okay first 4 min I was thinking yeah doing good I can do this. Mentally patting myself on the back. (we were running around a new subdivision) beginning of 2nd lap thought I was going to DIE, all the sudden I felt like my lungs shrunk, No air, okay going to hyperventilate, okay Not going to make it. Not feeling so smug anymore. THan my friend yells 2 more minutes, yeah right I stopped and walked meanwhile watch the other 4 little tushes keep on running in front of me. Than decided to cut them off at the next street and meet up again. I took the short cut and met up with them and yes, I did make it the next lap with them after walking for an extra 2 min longer than the other girls. Meanwhile I am thinking in my mind I NEED TO QUIT THE DR. PEPPER!!! GRRR. My legs were fine it was the wheezing that was killing me. I am so going to do this and I will quit the Dr. Pepper. (of course I need to finish off the 12 pack first) :) Well I will meet the girls bright and early on Friday and hope I live through another 15 minutes. Oh and BTW my legs already are sore.
these days
10 years ago




Good for you!! You have way more ambition than I do. And I probably would have only made it 1 time around. Anyway your blog looks great. Call me if you have any questions!!
ReplyDelete